TELNET is a network protocol which enables means of two way interactive text-based communication from one computer to another over the internet or local area network. We can use TELNET to test Server or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) communication using TELNET. Communicating with an email server using TELNET helps when you find your email is not working properly and you are not able to receive or send emails. You get a response from the server in return that can either sort your email error or can check out why the problem is occurring in emails. Follow the below steps to communicate with an email server via TELNET:
- First, install the TELNET Client on your PC or laptop.
- Search for the IP address of your SMTP server.
- To check the SMTP communication, use TELNET on Port 25. To complete this step, follow the below commands:
- Press Window+R and type cmd to open the Command Prompt window.
- Enter after typing telnet in command prompt.
- Write setlocalecho and press Enter button.
- Write set logfile<type your filename here> and press Enter.
- Write OPEN mail1.fabrikam.com 25and press Enter.
- Write EHLO contoso.com and press Enter.
Write MAIL FROM:<firstname.lastname@example.org>and press Enter.
Write RCPT TO:<email@example.com> NOTIFY=success, failureand press Enter.
Write DATAand press Enter.
Write Subject: Test from Contosoand press Enter.
- Now press Enter once more.
This is a test messageand press Enter.
- Write a period ( . ) and press Enter.
QUITand then press Enter in order to quit from the SMTP server.
- Write QUIT again closing the Telnet session and pressing Enter.
Hope these steps and commands will help you out to communicate with an email server via TELNET. If you face any kind of technical issues during following these steps, you can contact Email Support Helpline Number at our toll-free number 1-888-883-9839 . We will provide you the best solution for your email issues over the call, chat and remote access.